20080915

Made In China

A day in the life of a Hospital Chaplain could be stressful as well as hilarious; it depends on how one handles the incidents that impinge on the individual. I enjoy what I do. I am a Roman Catholic Priest and Hospital Chaplain. Every day is a new day of thanks and surprises. Each day opens with entrusting everything I do to God, the Almighty, to guide and direct. This short story calls for deep thoughts as to how our psyche functions and how we are wired/influenced by external forces:- On this eventful day, I walked into the hospital room of 58 year old Mrs M.G. Just about 3 minutes into our visit she showed me the "Get-well" cards she got since admission, two days prior. "This is from my grand-son" proudly showing me a card prepared by 6 year old, Bruce. What caught my attention, which, when I remarked about it, apparently did not mean much to Mr M.G, was: "Made In China" which little Bruce nicely put below his drawing of flowers and good-wish words to grandma. My concern is, Is this young man giving us a message or what? Is he throwing a challenge as to the direction of our economy? What message is he inspired to deliver through the medium of this card? The questions could be more. Please I need your input, answers and comments. I need help to appreciate and/or understand this young man.

No comments: